Publications are available free of charge online, via the links below.
- McGill SE, Barker D (2017) Comparison of the protein-coding genomes of three deep-sea, sulfur-oxidising bacteria: “Candidatus Ruthia magnifica”, “Candidatus Vesicomyosocius okutanii” and Thiomicrospira crunogena. BMC Research Notes, 10, 296.
- McDonagh JL, Barker D, Alderson RG (2016) Bringing computational science to the public. SpringerPlus, 5, 259.
- Barker D, Alderson RG, McDonagh JL, Plaisier H, Comrie MM, Duncan L, Muirhead GTP, Sweeny SD (2015) University-level practical activities in bioinformatics benefit voluntary groups of pupils in the last 2 years of school. International Journal of STEM Education, 2, 17.
- Wreggelsworth KM, Barker D (2015) A comparison of the protein-coding genomes of two green sulphur bacteria, Chlorobium tepidum TLS and Pelodictyon phaeoclathratiforme BU-1. BMC Research Notes, 8, 565.
- Robson JF, Barker D (2015) Comparison of the protein-coding gene content of Chlamydia trachomatis and Protochlamydia amoebophila using a Raspberry Pi computer. BMC Research Notes, 8, 561.
- Barker D, Ferrier DEK, Holland PW, Mitchell JBO, Plaisier H, Ritchie MG, Smart SD (2013) 4273π : bioinformatics education on low cost ARM hardware. BMC Bioinformatics, 14, 243.
- Barker D, Korf I (2013) 4273π: a novel platform for bioinformatics education. Biome, 12 August. [Biome was a BMC online magazine, but has now closed. The link is to a PDF “print” from the former Biome Web site.]